Thursday, November 7, 2013

Adult Problems...



My radiator leaks.

Mine’s only like drip, drip, drip, so a towel on the floor is enough to save me for now.

The heating system in this new apartment wants me to be warm so much that it’s expelling boiling droplets into my room.

I should feel honored.

I don’t.

It must be more concerned about my roommate is the thing.

Her room was flooded the other day.

Why doesn’t the radiator care about me that much?

Maybe it’s because I spend less time with it than she does.

I always seem to be working now.

I haven’t cooked anything in my new apartment yet.

Unless you count canned soup.

You shouldn’t.

Cereal doesn’t count either.

The bodega downstairs makes great bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches, though.

And for only $2.50!

That’s less than Dunkin Donuts.

I would know…I’m back to being a coffee junkie.

Another result of working so much.

At least I can afford all the sandwiches and coffee.

Three for three.

It’s really a vicious cycle.

Eventually I’ll have both time and money.

For now, I’m content that I’m growing with my jobs instead of feeling my soul rot.

That’s actually quite nice.

I wonder, though, if the paths that I’m on will ultimately take me where I want to go.

Occasionally I look at other paths that intersect the parallel roads I’m currently navigating.

Are they more appealing?

Do they offer more in the end of things?

I’ll worry about those answers another time.

I have to refill my metro card and get this next train.

Construction on the weekends can cause a whole heap of trouble.

It also gives me time to catch up on my novel.

Not the one I’m writing, but rather the one I’m reading.

I haven’t been writing enough recently.

This is a conscious decision and effort to renew the habit.

Perhaps I’ll get some more done tomorrow while I’m doing laundry.

I’m not only paying a shit ton for clean clothes, but also for creative writing time.

Two for one!

I love a good sale.

For now, though, friends…I think I shall sleep.

Haven’t been getting much of that lately either.

Though that’s not entirely an adult problem.

I haven’t slept much since I was 6.

Digression!

Problems or not, I’ve missed you terribly.

I’m glad to be back.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment